Here are some of the major points to know about this latest and troubling news story as provided by the New York Times:
- The United States fired 59 Tomahawk missiles on Thursday at an airfield in Syria from which officials said a chemical weapons attack originated this week.
- Russian forces, which were in the area, were given no more than 90 minutes’ notice of the attack.
- President Trump drew support from Republicans who had opposed plans for a 2013 strike.
- Syria strike puts U.S. relationship with Russia at risk.
- U.S. is prepared to take further action, the U.N. ambassador says.
It’s also worth noting that Trump ordered a ban against Syrian refugees from entering the country. However, he saw fit to fire shots at their nation despite the potential of…
View original post 55 more words