By Lauren Weber
Thursday, April 20
BILL O’REILLY IS OUT The Fox star has been let go from the network following a mass exodus of advertisers over sexual harassment allegations. Executives at Fox reportedly fear more will come out in the coming months. O’Reilly’s name has already been scrubbed from “The Factor,” a show he hosted to much acclaim for 20 years, and Tucker Carlson is taking over his time slot. This is what Twitter thinks O’Reilly will do next. Here’s how the rise of President Donald Trump led to O’Reilly’s fall. And take a look at the timeline of the “nine and a half months that shook Fox News.” [HuffPost]
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS DEPORTED DREAMER “At stake is whether the Trump administration can credibly claim that it isn’t targeting DACA recipients, even as the president brags that he has unleashed immigration agents to make their own decisions about whom to remove from the country.” [HuffPost]
THIS MOM FILMED THE POLICE WHILE HER 10-YEAR-OLD SON WITH AUTISM WAS ARRESTED The child then spent the night behind bars. [HuffPost]
STOP THE PRESSES, SERENA WILLIAMS IS PREGNANT The GOAT is expecting (and might have won the Australia Open while pregnant), and we could not be more excited. Also, for those that don’t know what GOAT means, it’s Greatest Of All Time. Thankfully, we still have a sibling in high school to keep us hip to these things. [HuffPost]
AND THE WINNER OF PEOPLE’S ‘MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN’ TITLE Has now won five times. [HuffPost]
SAY GOODBYE TO LATE NIGHT Why you should be worried about the impending Writers Guild of America strike. [HuffPost]
WE HAVE SO MANY THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS ‘JUICERO’ NONSENSE Someone convinced a bunch of investors to put their money into something that literally squeezes bags of juice … which you could also do for free with your hands. [HuffPost]
EVE NEVER SAYS NO TO LEARNING Or sequels. We cannot wait for the “Life-Size” follow-up that Tyra Banks has signed onto. [Variety]
- Exxon wants a waiver from Russian sanctions, which is all kinds of conflict of interest waiting to happen.
- What to make of the North Korean threats of a “super-mighty preemptive strike.”
- Spicer insists the White House was not misleading anyone over the armada incident.
- Inside the Russian government think tank linked to Vladimir Putin that drew up a plan to sway the 2016 election and “undermine voters’ faith in the American electoral system.”
- Arkansas has been blocked again from using a lethal injection drug.
- The scoop behind the supposed latest health care deal.
- How Meghan Markle has reportedly won over the palace.
- We know it’s the fifth “Pirates of the Caribbean”, but the Kiera Knightley-Orlando Bloom reunion has us all excited.
- The creepy reason white asparagus is considered the vampire of vegetables.
- Facebook wants you to be able to type with your mind.
- Yes, yes and more yes to Will Smith playing Genie in the live action “Aladdin.”
- The new “Making a Murderer.”
- Ewan McGregor is making Spanx cool.
- Say goodbye to media profitability — Google Chrome is about to release an ad blocker.
- When pads and tampons are essential bargaining chips in jail.
Start your workday the right way with the news that matters most — all with a dash of signature Morning Email snark.
Like The Morning Email? Send it to a friend! Does somebody keep forwarding you this newsletter? Get your own copy. It’s free! Sign up here.
©2017 The Huffington Post | 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003