HuffPost Morning Email:
By Lauren Weber
Tuesday, April 25
THE GUIDE TO BECOMING JARED KUSHNER “A 36-year-old cipher who is responsible for everything.” [HuffPost]
PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP WANTS A 15 PERCENT CORPORATE INCOME TAX RATE A steep change from the current rate of 35 percent. [Reuters]
CHUCK SCHUMER STILL TALKS TO TRUMP “But he doesn’t see a detente coming.” [HuffPost]
SAY GOODBYE TO LATE NIGHT AS YOU KNOW IT Members of the Writers Guild of America have authorized a strike should they not reach a new contract by May 1. [HuffPost]
WHAT BARACK OBAMA HAD TO SAY IN HIS FIRST PUBLIC APPEARANCE The former president stressed the importance of recruiting the next generation of party leaders and community organizers. [HuffPost]
THAT TIME THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PROMOTED MAR-A-LAGO The post on the State Department’s website has since been taken down. [HuffPost]
AND THIS IS THE SAFEST SEAT ON THE PLANE According to studies of crash data. [HuffPost]
WORLD’S FIRST MALARIA VACCINE PILOT TO RUN NEXT YEAR “Ghana, Kenya and Malawi will pilot the world’s first malaria vaccine from 2018, offering it for babies and children in high-risk areas as part of real-life trials.” [Reuters]
THE CUTTING EDGE OF FERTILITY RESEARCH From fewer twins with better embryo freezing to cheaper genetic testing. [HuffPost]
LEPROSY IN 2017 “A normal man would not want me.” [HuffPost]
YOUR REMINDER THAT KUSHNER AND IVANKA TRUMP ONCE GUEST-STARRED ON ‘GOSSIP GIRL’ In case you forgot. [BuzzFeed]
WE COULD NOT AGREE WITH THIS HEADLINE MORE “For the love of God, please stop putting two spaces after each period.” [Mel Magazine]
We’re so huffin’ excited — check out our new homepage and newsletter design. Have feedback? Tell us about it.
- Debbie Schlussel has walked back her Sean Hannity sexual harassment claims.
- Why Sheryl Sandberg initially decided to speak publicly about her grief.
- Kendrick Lamar’s mom is all moms everywhere with her text review of his new album.
- Elton John has canceled his concerts in Las Vegas after a “rare and potentially deadly” bacterial infection.
- Well this is another depressing carbon monoxide milestone. It’s been nice knowing y’all.
- We’re with the internet — the dystopia inherent in the McDonald’s uniforms is alarming.
- Everyone’s favorite press secretary C.J. Cregg had some thoughts on Sean Spicer.
- This flight was actually enjoyable after Kenny G showed up with a surprise performance.
- You can make up your own mind about the “Dirty Dancing” remake. But based on this promo and our tone, you know how we feel.
- Looks like Steve Bannon doesn’t still get profits from “Seinfeld” after all.
- Star-nosed moles would put the winners of the Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest to shame.
- What we missed in those “Game of Thrones” promo pictures.
- The second weekend of Coachella outfits does not disappoint for endless mockery.
- We are sad to report Jesse Williams and his wife, Aryn Drake-Lee, have split after five years of marriage.
- Could you have bought Ivanka Trump clothes without knowing?
- Turns out you can get better at tasting wine with practice, which justifies a lot of things.
Start your workday the right way with the news that matters most — all with a dash of signature Morning Email snark.
Like The Morning Email? Send it to a friend! Does somebody keep forwarding you this email? Get your own copy. It’s free! Sign up here.
Check out HuffPost Politics and HuffPost Breaking News newsletters for more of the good stuff.
©2017 HuffPost | 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003