From The Huffington Post:
Tuesday, April 4
BREAKING DOWN THE RUSSIA REVELATIONS Two bombshell reports dropped Monday from The Washington Post and BuzzFeed. The first alleged that the United Arab Emirates set up a secret meeting in January between Betsy DeVos‘s brother, Erik Price — the founder of Blackwater — and a Russian who was close to President Vladimir Putin “as part of an apparent effort to establish a back-channel line of communication between Moscow and President-elect Donald Trump.” And BuzzFeed confirmed former Trump advisor Carter Page “met with and passed documents to a Russian intelligence operative.” [WaPo]
THE GOP HEALTH CARE DEAL ISN’T DEAD YET “House Republicans still don’t have a deal to revive their health care bill, but the White House is laying the groundwork for negotiations to move quickly, meeting individually Monday with moderates and conservatives to discuss a possible agreement.” [HuffPost]
‘THIS IS HOW THE NEXT WORLD WAR STARTS’ David Wood examines how an intercept gone wrong could mean WWIII. [HuffPost]
AUTHORITIES IDENTIFIED ST. PETERSBURG BOMBER Akbarzhon Jalilov, a Russian citizen born in Kyrgyzstan, is the top suspect in the blast that killed 11 and wounded 45 on a St. Petersburg train. [Reuters]
NORTH CAROLINA BATTLED OUT A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP WIN OVER GONZAGA Which this author called since she’s been loyal ever since winning her eighth grade pool with the help of the Tar Heels. [Reuters]
HYUNDAI AND MERCEDES-BENZ PULL ADS FROM ‘O’REILLY FACTOR’ Over the latest sexual harassment allegations against host Bill O’Reilly. [HuffPost]
DEMOCRATS HAVE LOCKED IN THE VOTES FOR A FILIBUSTER ON NEIL GORSUCH The so-called “nuclear option” is looking more likely than ever. [HuffPost]
AT LEAST 35 DEAD IN SUSPECTED GAS ATTACK IN SYRIA Nine of the victims in the northwestern province of Idlib were children. [Reuters]
INSIDE THE HUGE SPORTS SEX ABUSE SCANDAL You haven’t paid enough attention to. [HuffPost]
YOU’D THINK IT’S GREAT NEWS TO LEARN YOU CAN BUY GIRL SCOUT COOKIES ON AMAZON But here’s why you shouldn’t. [HuffPost]
ANNE HATHAWAY IS OVER EVERYONE ASKING WHAT IT’S LIKE TO BE HATED “How the world feels about me has nothing to do with me.” [HuffPost]
TAKE 20 PERCENT OFF FOR EQUAL PAY DAY At over 300 businesses. [HuffPost]
OF COURSE ‘S-TOWN’ ALREADY HAS 10 MILLION DOWNLOADS ALREADY You mean you haven’t finished the hit podcast yet? Feel free to email in with commentary, we’re always up to discuss. [HuffPost]
- Take a look at Melania Trump’s first official White House portrait.
- We’re getting mixed signals about a “Big Little Lies” season two, and you just can’t jerk us around on news like that.
- The internet cannot handle Michelle Obama rocking her natural hair.
- This teen is proof punching a shark in the face works.
- Deciphering Zayn Malik’s new tattoo.
- For Alec Baldwin, a leaked 2007 voicemail forever injured his relationship with his daughter.
- Meet the “Banksy of punctuation.”
- Take a look at the states where the pay gap is the worst.
- Harrison Ford will keep his pilot’s license after nearly colliding with a passenger plane.
- All is right with the world: There are now lullaby versions of your favorite “Hamilton” songs so your kid isn’t left out of the fun.
- Make sure your EpiPen is not one of the ones recalled by Mylan.
- And find out where President Trump donated his salary thus far.
Start your workday the right way with the news that matters most — all with a dash of signature Morning Email snark.
Like The Morning Email? Send it to a friend! Does somebody keep forwarding you this newsletter? Get your own copy. It’s free! Sign up here.
©2017 The Huffington Post | 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003