June Holidays and Observances
At Page-A-Day, we don’t just want to bring you beautiful, amazing calendars—we also want to help you fill them too! Check out all the exciting holidays and observances coming up in June.
First, and foremost, the holiday you want to circle on your calendar right away is Father’s Day on June 19th. Browse our gift guide and use the promo code BESTDAD to save 30% off all our great gifts for dads. You can also enter for a chance to win a Project Smoke smoker through June 19th!
Monthly observances in June:
- June is Audio Book Appreciation Month. Our sister company Highbridge Audio produces the best audiobooks in the business. If you’re on-the-go, multitasking, or otherwise hands-free, audiobooks are the way to go. Start—or celebrate—your audiobook habit this month.
- June is Adopt A Cat Month (American Human Association and Adopt A Shelter Cat Month (ASPCA). Our cat care titles are the cat’s meow!
- June is Great Outdoors Month and National Camping Month. Get outside this month, whether you backpack deep into the woods for a camping trip, or just play in the backyard. Browse our Travel & Nature books.
- June is International Men’s Month and Mens Health Education and Awareness Month. Grilling can be very healthy—and cooking meat over fire is good for many mens’ mental health as well. Browse our red-hot, smoking grilling books.
June has some exciting weekly celebrations as well:
- June 5th-11th is Pet Appreciation Week. Every month we find a good excuse to appreciate our pets. During Pet Appreciation Week, appreciate how your pet has enriched your life. Our recommended references: Really Important Things My Dog Has Taught Me and All I Need to Know I Learned from My Cat.
- June 12th-18th is National Flag Week. Explore the whole great United States of America this week with 1,000 Places to See in the United States (& Canada) Before You Die.
And, of course, the daily observances to fill your Page-A-Day calendars with some extra excitement!
- June 1st is National Say Something Nice Day. If you need some direction, take a look at The Book of Nice: A Book about Nice Things for Nice People.
- June 2nd is National Leave The Office Early Day. Just go! Where you go is up to you, but today is the day you should get out before the whistle blows. Why? Because You Are Doing a Freaking Great Job. That’s why.
- June 8th is World Oceans Day. Celebrate World Oceans Day and explore the photicular beauty of Ocean. Reading this book is like being on a dive. Open the book, and the reader is swept into the magic of an underwater world.
- June 19th is Father’s Day. We’re so thankful for dads! Whether they’re there to meet the bus, bringing home the bacon, helping us ride bikes, or giving sage (if a little grumpy) advice, dads are awesome. Treat your dad to just the right gift this year from our new gift guide. Save 20% off our gifts for dads with the code DAD15 (ends June 30, 2015).
- June 24th is Take Your Dog To Work Day. Make sure your pet is dressed appropriately for the workplace—pick up a copy of Menswear Dog Presents the New Classic: Fresh Looks for the Modern Man.
African-American Music Appreciation Month
Fight the Filthy Fly Month
LGBTQIA Pride Month
National Accordion Awareness Month
National Adopt a Cat Month
National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month
National Candy Month
National Camping Month
National Country Cooking Month
National Dairy Month
National Great Outdoors Month
National Iced Tea Month
National Papaya Month
National Soul Food Month
Turkey Lovers Month
Below is a list of June’s 69 observances and awareness events For The Month Of June. There are also 423 holidays scheduled on specific days during the month.
|1.||Food & Drink|
|2.||Food & Drink|
|3.||Food & Drink|
|4.||Food & Drink|
|5.||Food & Drink|
|6.||Food & Drink|
|7.||Food & Drink|
|8.||Food & Drink|
|9.||Food & Drink|
|10.||Food & Drink|
|11.||Food & Drink|
|13.||Food & Drink|
|14.||Food & Drink|
|15.||Food & Drink|
|16.||Food & Drink|
|17.||Food & Drink|