Here is a nice and healthy breakfast recipe: vermicelli or sevai upma. Enjoy!
- Vermicelli- 250 gm (roasted)
- Carrots- 1 cup (coarsely grated or chopped)
- Capsicum- 1 cup (chopped)
- Green chillies- 2-3 (sliced)
- Tomatoes- 2 large (chopped)
- Onion- 1 large (diced)
- Mustard seeds- 1 Tbsp
- Peanuts- 2 Tbsp (roasted)
- Curry leaves- 10-12
- Tumeric powder- 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
- Coriander powder- 2 tsp
- Dried mango powder or aam chur– 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil- 3 Tbsp
- Water- 2 cups
- Roast the vermicelli and peanuts separately and put them aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium heat, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and green chillies to it and when it starts to splatter add the diced onion.
- Cook the onion till they are translucent, then add tomatoes and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add carrots and capsicum and let it cook for…
View original post 174 more words